Tavaana is accepting applications for the following positions:
In addition to these positions, Tavaana is always looking to hire on a (remote) freelance basis consultants in the following fields: translation, editing (English and Persian), curriculum design and development, case study research, graphic arts, animation, and more. Interested freelancers should please send a cover letter, CV, three work samples and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The E-Collaborative for Civic Education seeks a project coordinator with honesty, integrity, and a strong work ethic. ECCE's mission is to leverage technology to promote democracy and human rights internationally. ECCE's flagship project, Tavaana, is an e-learning institute for Iranian civil society.
- Managing curriculum development, teaching and translation works done by virtual teams of consultants
- Providing support to grant administration and compliance
- Contributing to organizational development, including new grant opportunities and fundraising strategies
- Reporting to donors on program results
- Coordinating intern recruitment and managing interns
- Website maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years relevant internship/work experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong writing abilities
- Finance/budget experience is a plus
- Comfort with using technology. Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, experience with a CMS, and/or experience with social media management highly desirable. Willingness to learn is a must.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in Iran and issues of civic education and civil society is highly desirable
- Persian/Farsi and/or Arabic language fluency (including reading/writing) is a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of US government grant rules and regulations is beneficial but not required
Email email@example.com with “Project Coordinator” in the subject line, including the following:
- Cover letter (detailing exactly why ECCE and this particular position is right for you)
- Resume (including GPA and relevant coursework)
- Writing sample (2 pages minimum on a professional or academic subject relevant to ECCE’s work)
- 3 references
ECCE offers a salary commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package including full health and dental coverage and a retirement savings 401(k) plan with a generous employer match. ECCE is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full-time position located in Bethesda, MD. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be located in the Washington, DC area or able to relocate. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.